UPDATE: 9:50 AM 8/2/20: Pensacola Police continue to investigate the shooting death of a 7-year-old girl in Pensacola. It happened Saturday morning outside a home on North B Street.
A police spokesman says the victim was shot by another child. How the child got the gun is still under investigation. Police are still looking into whether it was an accident.
Pensacola Police will send information to the State Attorney’s Office this week for review to see if any charges are in order. Family members publicly identified the victim as Aniyah Nettles.
PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A 7-year-old girl has been shot and killed – possibly by another small child, according to Pensacola Police.
This happened in the area of 611 N B Street shortly after 9 Saturday morning. Police have detained a man they say they found hiding in the yard, who had to be chased by officers.
The public information officer is gathering more information from investigators and will be updating the media shortly.
Stick with WKRG News 5 for this developing story.
UPDATE 1pm: A police spokesman said so far they’re still trying to figure out what happened. So far no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made.
- How to keep your Christmas tree alive a little longer, according to a farmer
- Best post-Black Friday deals in case you missed out
- Republicans struggle to save funding for Trump’s border wall
- Local business offering free car washes to benefit toy drive in Lucedale
- Man killed by stray bullet while eating Thanksgiving dinner inside his home