PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Charges have been dismissed against a protester caught on camera riding on the hood of a car across 3 Mile Bridge.
A group of protesters had gathered near the bridge in June as part of ongoing demonstrations in the wake of George Floyd’s death in May.
The Office of the State Attorney said the victim in the case has not been cooperative, which factored into the decision to dismiss the charges against Jason Uphaus, who rode on the hood across the bridge into Gulf Breeze.
Uphaus had been charged with disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.
- Mayor of Pocono Borough confirms shots fired, 4 victims at multiple scenes
- Pensacola Opera season opens Wednesday at Saenger with COVID-19 protocols
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message