Pensacola, Fla (WKRG)- A ceremony for NAS Pensacola shooting victims could happen at Veterans Memorial Park according to Mayor Grover Robinson.
“We are partnering with the group that runs Veterans Memorial Park,” Robinson said. “It’s a city property that they manage but we are going to help them however we can to do it.”
Robinson says this is a military community, and the amount of support is huge, that’s why a large venue is needed for a community ceremony.
“I don’t think an inside facility, unless we went to the bay center would work,” Robinson said. “That is why I think something like Veterans Memorial Park would work. I have talked to them about it and I don’t know where they are with it, but they are talking about it.”
- St. Paul’s preparing for Pleasant Grove in 5A State Championship Game
- Dr. Scott Atlas resigns as coronavirus adviser to President Trump
- President Trump says he opposes renaming some Army bases as part of defense bill
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway