PENSACOLA, Ala (WKRG) — Markquise Wallace was sentenced to 65 years on 3 counts. Wallace received 30 years each for the vehicular homicide. He also faces 5 additional years. The three charges will be served consecutively.
Wallace was convicted in the hitting and killing of 7-month-old Neariaah Baldwin and 28-year-old Nepheteria Williams on Cervantes Street in June of 2018.
Wallace was found guilty of two counts of vehicular homicide, two counts of leaving the scene of a deadly crash, and one count of tampering with an electronic monitoring device.
- Former Milton Mayor Guy Thompson sentenced to 51 months for embezzling scheme
- PPD sending more officers to MLK Jr. Day parade after recent shootings
- UPDATE: Man shot at CEFCO gas station on Springhill Ave.
- Fairhope bike path closing temporarily
- Gov. Kay Ivey on list of 10 most popular U.S. governors