FELLSMERE, Fla. (WKRG/CBS BOSTON) — A tragic end to the search of a pregnant teenager, police believe they’ve found her remains more than a thousand miles from her Massachusetts home. Remains found Wednesday in Fellsmere, Florida are believed to be those of 18-year-old Jalajhia Finklea according to a report by CBS Boston.
A man wanted in connection with her disappearance was shot and killed by U.S. Marshals in Crestview in November 5th. Luis Zaragoza, who also goes by Luis Barbosa, was fatally shot after a U.S. Marshals Service task force attempted to arrest him. The shooting is being investigated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police