DESTIN, Fla. (WKRG) — Nine passengers were rescued from the Destin East Pass around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon after Okaloosa County marine units were called out to reports of a boat flipped over in the water. The U.S. Coast Guard, Florida Fish and Wildlife and Beach Safety Units assisted in the rescue. Initial reports indicated there were some minor injuries, but all passengers were recovered safely.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal will move north through the Gulf this weekend
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Belle Rea
- Gun sales up, more first-time buyers, many women
- Universal Orlando is back in business
- Watch as lightning strikes the Washington Monument