Pensacola, Fla. (WKRG)- The first annual Pensacola Indie Fringe and
Comedy Festival starts Thursday evening in downtown Pensacola. The festival will have shows at different venues throughout downtown like Vinyl Music Hall and Rex Theatre. The festival is put on by the Indie Art Council of Pensacola. Comedian and actor Michael Daw says this is a great opportunity for local talent.
“I’m also in Kitty Get a Job that’s having their first live action sketch tomorrow,” Daw said. “Also the premiere of Scam County, the sitcom co-pilot I created.”
Comedians like Gilbert Gottfried and Donnel Rawlings will be headlining the event. Christina Cusack is a comedian and actor that will performing sketch and improv comedy shows.
“It’s just going to be a really exciting time,” Cusack said. “We’ve got such a variety. I’m really excited to show Pensacola the kind of talent we have here.”
The festival is a fundraiser for the Indie Art Council to raise money for independent art.
- Baldwin EMA shares to tips to avoid scammers impersonating FEMA
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- City of Saraland to hold meeting Monday to discuss recovery efforts following Hurricane Sally
- LIVE: President Trump to hold White House news briefing