OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A 17-year-old is dead and multiple people are injured after being ejected from a car that was fleeing a Florida Highway Patrol trooper.
The vehicle was fleeing from a Florida Highway Patrol vehicle while traveling southbound on SR-85 at about 11:42 a.m. Sunday. While fleeing from law enforcement, the vehicle entered SR-123 southbound and traveled onto the west shoulder and lost control. The vehicle began to overturn, and all of the occupants were ejected. One of the occupants, a 17-year-old male, was pronounced deceased on scene. The other occupants were transported to local hospitals with serious injuries.
The passengers listed in the traffic report include two 15-year-old boys, an 18-year-old man, and a 20-year-old man. The report does not list who the driver was.
- Lightning bolt damages Florida patrol vehicle with deputy inside
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames President Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Sturgis residents rent homes to rally-goers
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Lutz up for sale