MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – It looks like Cam Newton is set to join fellow Auburn Tiger Jarrett Stidham in New England.
Multiple outlets are reporting that Newton has signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots.
Newton was released by the Carolina Panthers back in March. He will now compete with Bryan Hoyer and Stidham for the starting job in New England. The Patriots also have rookie quarterback Brian Lewerke on their roster.
MORE LOCAL SPORTS
- Capacity at Gulf Shores school sporting events reduced to 50 percent
- Mobile high school football games will seat 35 percent of capacity
- Gulf South Conference postpones football season
- UMS-Wright shuts down football practice after positive COVID-19 test
- Local Senior golfer shoots his age, or better, again