WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- Petition for safety in Mobile and justice for officer-involved shooting victim gains over three thousand signatures
- Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people
- All US adults should be eligible for vaccines Monday, according to Biden’s deadline
- 7-year-old girl killed, father shot while sitting at McDonald’s drive-thru in Chicago
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars