OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) — A recount finished early Sunday morning doesn’t change the results of one outstanding race from Tuesday’s primary election in Florida. A news release from the Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections office says they finished a recount of Okaloosa County Board of County Commissioners District 5 at 1:15 this morning.
Mel Ponder still won the Republican nomination for the seat with more than 44% of the vote. Second-place finisher Dewey “Parker” Destin had nearly 44% of the vote. Only 150 votes separated the two.
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration