MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile County Commissioner Jerry Carl won the Republican primary runoff for Alabama’s 1st Congressional District. Carl defeated former state Senator Bill Hightower with 52.3% of the vote.
Carl will face the winner of the Democratic primary, James Averhart, who defeated Kiani Gardner with 56.7% on Tuesday.
Carl has a considerable edge headed into November’s election. More than 84,700 votes were cast in the GOP runoff, compared to 27,783 votes in the Democratic primary.
- Shooting at Bennett Pointe Apartments on Old Pascagoula Road
- Saints looking for first win in Denver since 1994
- Georgia Secretary of State blasts President Trump over Georgia Elections
- Dense fog tonight, scattered showers tomorrow
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated