JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – With votes still being counted in several states for the presidential election, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves spoke out against mail-in voting and no-excuse early voting.
The governor released the following statement on Twitter:
I will do everything in my power to ensure every ballot legally cast in the 2020 election in Mississippi gets counted—no matter how long it takes.
But based on what I see in other states today, I will also do everything in my power to make sure universal mail-in voting and no-excuse early voting are not allowed in MS—not while I’m governor! Too much chaos. Only way it’d happen is if many GOP legislators override a veto!Gov. Tate Reeves (R-Miss.)
- Jackson County man sentenced to life for first-degree murder
- Gov. Ivey urging school systems to return for in-person learning
- ‘Very dark couple of weeks’: Morgues and hospitals overflow
- If you traveled for Thanksgiving, ‘assume you were exposed,’ Birx says
- Biden considering Mobile native for defense secretary