WASHINGTON (AP) – TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – President Donald Trump has won Florida’s 29 electoral votes. He defeated Democrat Joe Biden in a prized battleground state crucial to the Republican’s bid for another four years in the White House. Trump withstood an aggressive challenge by the former vice president. Biden questioned the president’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, his rush to appoint a new justice on the U.S. Supreme Court and how he has addressed social unrest after high-profile police killings of Black people. Democrats had hoped to boost turnout among their ranks with a mail-in voting push.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Freeze warning in effect tonight and tomorrow
- Birmingham City Schools to return to remote learning amid pandemic
- Colombian man pleads guilty to federal drug trafficking charges for his role in international cocaine importation conspiracy
- Rich’s Car Wash makes Christmas magical during toy drive
- Head-on collision in Conecuh County kills two men