LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Phoenix suns found a touching way to announce the starting lineup before Tuesday’s game – they let family members introduce their loved ones from home.
The pregame ritual might have escaped notice outside of Phoenix in normal times, but these are not normal times.
NBA players and coaches reported in early July to the “bubble” in Orlando, Florida where they have been quarantined over COVID-19 concerns.
The announcement left players grinning widely, many visibly excited as they congratulated the teammate being announced.
“We’re not crying, you’re crying,” the Suns tweeted before the team’s matchup with the Philadelphia 76ers.
- How to avoid ‘Storm Chasers’ while repairing your home after Hurricane Sally
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lies in repose at U.S. Supreme Court
- Watch Live: Protests break out in Louisville, more expected across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020
- Israel Hall convicted for felony murder of DeLauna Powell