BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart announced an expansion of its Live Better U program to include in-demand skilled trades like Plumbing, Construction, Electrical, HVAC and Industrial and Facilities Maintenance.
Along with skilled trades, the program is also offering a variety of digital skills programs that will be available to undergraduate and postgraduate associates.
Walmart also announced that all part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club associates are eligible for LBU starting on their first day of employment.
Since Live Better U first launched in June 2018, more than 25,000 Walmart and Sam’s Club associates across the country have taken advantage of education offerings, including $1 a day college degrees and free high school completion, according to the release.
- Moderna to ask for emergency use of vaccine following latest study results
- Fatal crash early Monday morning near Mobile Highway in Pensacola
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during his burial service
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says