(WFLA) - A mom's texts requesting time off from work because her son is on life support went viral after the exchange with her boss was shared on Facebook.
The shockingly callous response to Crystal Reynolds Fisher from her manager, identified as Dawn, is now making headlines.
Her manager's response to her unimaginable news was, "If you can't come to work, that's you quitting."
That's not even the worst part.
Manager Dawn added, "There's no reason you can't work and I will not tolerate drama."
Three days and almost 70,000 shares later, the heartless manager was fired and Crystal's job is safe.
People were appalled by the text exchange and the gas station company Crystal works for was too.
In a statement Fork Oil said:
"We investigated and have found that the situation was handled improperly and without the compassion that we value as a company. For that, we are very sorry. As a result of this finding, we took quick action and that manager is no longer employed by PS Food Mart. We have also reaffirmed to our employee that she will be able to take all the time off that she needs during this difficult period."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Low voter turnout expected today
- Several heated GOP runoffs in Alabama
- College Student charged after hitting pedestrian
- Big stakes in Baldwin County runoff elections