FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Monday night the City of Fairhope named its Veteran of the Year. Larry DiAmco is not only a veteran, but a member of the Honor Guard of Baldwin County. The Honor Guard is a voluntary group of veterans dedicated to rendering military burial honors to our vets and service members.
DiAmco was a Chief Master Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force. He served 32 years on active duty and has been volunteering in Fairhope and the surrounding area for years.
The Honor Guard of Baldwin County posted on Facebook, “not only is Larry the third honor guardman of Baldwin County recipient to receive this award (Frank Connell and Billy Gardner are past recipients), he is the first Airman to receive the award. Congratulations Larry! We are all so very proud of you.”
- Tijuana police clear out criminal element who prey on border commuters
- Mobile man says American Cancer Society helping fund his cancer treatment
- Hurricane Sally: Where to get food along the Alabama Gulf Coast
- 10 Porsche drivers busted for speeding in Colorado
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach