PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — According to a news release issued by Escambia County, Florida Monday evening, beachgoers are traveling to Pensacola Beach in record numbers and they are traveling earlier in the day.
Saturday, June 20, was the single busiest day on record since the car counter was installed at the Bob Sikes Toll Booth in 2016, with 21,970 cars passing through the toll booth.
See news release below.
Find more information at https://myescambia.com/pensacola-beach/waystothebeach
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Louisiana beats South Alabama 79-68, eliminating the Jaguars from the Sun Belt Tournament
- Sunny Sunday, warmer next week
- First woman promoted to president of Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval