MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The nation’s one and only Mardi Gras tree here in Downtown Mobile! The tree topper was put on the tree yesterday with exciting news on the way.
The artist of the tree topper is a local artist, Rob Barett. The topper is a special addition to the tree. There will be a tree lighting celebration on Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m., just in time for the first parade of the season on Feb. 7!
News 5 spoke with city official George Talbot about the details of the topper and if this is going to become a yearly tradition.
He explained, “Its open to the public we encourage anyone to come and join us for that. We will have a little fun- maybe a few more surprises that we will add to the mix.”
- BIKER DAD: Wisconsin police search for road raging biker who pulled a gun on a family
- ‘Time is of the essence,’ asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft
- OCSO: Man charged with trafficking more than 450 grams of meth
- One Year Later: Aniah Blanchard’s heart lives through family’s mission
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination