NAKHON RATCHASIMA, Thailand (AP) – Thai officials say a soldier who went on a shooting rampage and killed at least 21 people and injured 42 others has been shot dead inside a mall in northeastern Thailand.
Officials say the soldier angry over a financial dispute first killed two people and then went on a far bloodier rampage Saturday, shooting as he drove to a busy mall where shoppers fled in terror. Video taken outside the mall showed people diving for cover as shots rang out mid-afternoon Saturday. Many were killed outside the mall, some in cars, others while walking.
About 16 hours later, officials held a news conference outside the mall early Sunday to announce the gunman was fatally shot.
The officials did not release any details.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- National Guard lays down shields in peaceful protest held at Tennessee capitol
- Tracking TD 3; Increasing Rain Chances at Home
- Police say 4 officers shot in St. Louis protests
- UPDATE: No injuries or fatalities at Bangkok Thai Cuisine fire on Highway 90; 1 person in custody