(CNN Newsource) – The moon as a mirror? Astronomers believe this may be a way to identify signs of life on other planets.
NASA says scientists used the Hubble Space Telescope to detect Earth’s ozone in our atmosphere. But they weren’t looking at Earth at the time.
Instead, astronomers used the moon as a mirror to reflect sunlight that passed through Earth’s atmosphere and to the telescope. This was done during a lunar eclipse.
Scientists believe if they can detect Earth’s ozone this way, they may be able to do this with other planets.
Detecting other ozones would be a big deal because scientists say the ozone layer could be a sign of life on another planet.
- Rocket engine test set for Saturday at Stennis Space Center
- Mass vaccination at Mobile Cruise Terminal still open for 75+ and first responders
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Brewton PD looking for suspect in theft from a vehicle
- Mobile County Health Department hosting vaccine event at historic church on MLK Day