(CNN) – Hot air balloons are getting an upgrade, a big one.
A Florida company called Space Perspective is developing one that’s out of this world.
Their high-tech hot air balloon is called Spaceship Neptune. It’s designed to transport a pilot and eight travelers in a pressurized capsule suspended from an enormous blimp.
The company has scheduled a test flight for early 2021. That trip will carry research payloads and no crew. But the company hopes to start taking space tourists in a few years.
The ride would go 100,000 feet up in the air and last six hours.
You can reserve a seat on Space Perspective’s website, but the prices are sky high.
According to Anchorage Daily News, passengers can expect to pay roughly $125,000 for a ticket.
- Trump supporters plan another boat parade Saturday
- Rain chances remain elevated Saturday, Put away the umbrellas for Sunday
- Oldest living American celebrates her 116th birthday
- Florida schools should not shut down if someone gets COVID-19, Gov. DeSantis says
- Loda ArtWalk returns to Downtown Mobile