MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Students in local Catholic schools are taking part in an event leading up to the Festival of Flowers later this month. They participate in an art contest every year, and the winning entries are displayed during the weekend of festival.
News 5’s Devon Walsh, Mary Jo Matranga, and artist, Ginger Woechan, had the opportunity to be one of the judges of the contest.
The theme of the festival is Zen Gardens, and the artwork was very reflective of that Asian theme. The students did a wonderful job.
The Festival of Flowers begins March 26 on the campus of Providence Hospital. Click here for more information.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Tropical Storm Cristobal continues to strengthen while approaching the Gulf Coast
- Tropical Storm Cristobal Shelters in Mobile County
- Animal Planet star branches out to Gatlinburg to build 8 treehouses
- SpaceX opens era of amateur astronauts, cosmic movie sets