JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) - The Jackson Police Department arrested the 31-year-old Greyhound bus driver on a misdemeanor DUI charge.
Erika Nixon was taken into custody after the bus overturned on the Pascagoula Street on-ramp to I-55 South. The crash happened just after 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
According to Sgt. Roderick Holmes, all of the passengers were evacuated safely. AMR said 22 people were taken to the hospital. There are no serious or life-threatening injuries reported.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Florida agriculture commissioner orders LGBT protections
- Belmont-DeVilliers historic district gets Mississippi Blues Marker
- Drexel on the Road: Ukulele senior jam sessions
- UPDATE: Workman Middle School lockdown lifted