PIERRE, S.D. (KELO) — A South Dakota lawmaker is being tested for a “serious medical situation.”
House Speaker Steven Haugaard announced to the chamber Rep. Spencer Gosch (R-Glenham) was not feeling well on Wednesday and his condition worsened overnight, according to South Dakota Broadcasters Association reports.
State employees working inside in the House chamber also received emails indicating that testing for COVID-19 was underway.
As of Wednesday, there were 8 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Dakota, including one death. At last update, there were 11 pending cases.
This is a developing story.
- Escambia County, Fla., deputies fatally shoot man wanted on multiple felony charges
- Fort Benning soldier charged with reckless murder after girlfriend’s five-year-old run over
- List: Cyber Monday 2020 gift card freebies
- Man caught on camera pistol whipping someone turns himself into police
- Second stimulus checks: New bipartisan effort to pass COVID relief