COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- Shanahan reflects on great moments with Hank Aaron
- BREAKING: One dead in Escambia County, Fla., shooting, deputies searching for suspect
- Caught on camera: Man acting strange, armed with gun, machete taken down at motorcycle dealership
- Fans remember Hank Aaron at his childhood home
- Teachers waiting on COVID-19 vaccine