Smoke Detector Saves Lives

News
SMOKE DETECTOR_137984

Officials with the Mobile Fire-Rescue Department say a working smoke alarm is responsible for saving four lives in an overnight fire.

The four adults were awakened by a smoke alarm around 12:30 a.m. this (Wednesday) morning at a home on Park Circle West in Mobile.

They managed to make it outside safely before fire crews arrived to find smoke and flames pouring from the building.

According to investigators, the fire was the result of a discarded cigarette inside a plastic cigarette container.

Damage to the home is estimated at $80,000.

Engines 1, 18, 22; truck 5; rescue 18 and District Chief Dexter Pettaway responded to the call.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories