SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Firefighters rescued a small dog who had been stuck in a drain pipe on the UC Santa Barbara campus for three days, officials said.
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department shared photos of their rescue of 2-year-old Sophie on Thursday.
The 10- to 15-pound dog had been missing for about a month from her home, which is about five minutes away, Capt. Daniel Bertucelli told KEYT in Santa Barbara.
How Sophie ended up in the 18-inch pipe remains a mystery, but the fire department said the dog was spotted in the area earlier in the week.
It took crews about 20 minutes to retrieve Sophie using a hose to coax her to the surface, according to fire officials.
- Ozark couple charged with human trafficking, additional child porn crimes
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine has formed in the Caribbean
- All meters restored by Baldwin EMC
- Jaguars win Sun Belt Men’s Cross Country Championship
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes