MINNEAPOLIS – Congresswoman Ilhan Omar announced Monday that her father has died from complications of COVID-19.
The Minnesota representative released the following statement:
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ”
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’cuun
Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return.
It is with tremendous sadness and pain that I share that my father, Nur Omar Mohamed, passed away today due to complications from COVID-19. No words can describe what he meant to me and all who knew him. My family and I ask for your respect and privacy during this time.
The Minnesota Department of Health reported six new deaths on Monday from COVID-19 and 230 new cases, bringing the number of total positive cases in the state to 30,693.
- Gulf Shores City Schools to return to the classroom September 28th
- LIVE NOW: Nick Saban, Alabama football players speak ahead of SEC kickoff Saturday
- Indiana county bans blowing grass clippings into streets to protect bikers
- 90-year-old Korean War Veteran surprised with motorcycle birthday parade
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops