TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- How to avoid scams post-Hurricane Sally: Consumer Protection tips from the State
- EXCLUSIVE: Small unmanned aircraft give agents the border’s best possible vantage point
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro recovering after 2 surgeries following gruesome bowling injury
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over “Toy Story 4” character