BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Protesters have filled Linn Park in Birmingham, Ala.
People with signs that read ‘Black Lives Matter’ and ‘I can’t breathe’ chanted George Floyd’s name calling for justice in his death.
Around 8 p.m., protesters began taking down the boards around the confederate monument that stands tall at Linn Park. Protesters with spray paint began writing on the monument.
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- Antonio Lang pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life for the death of DeLauna Anderson
- Baldwin County linemen perform lifesaving exercises Tuesday morning
- Minnesota police chief, officer both resign after Black driver’s death