BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Protesters have filled Linn Park in Birmingham, Ala.
People with signs that read ‘Black Lives Matter’ and ‘I can’t breathe’ chanted George Floyd’s name calling for justice in his death.
Around 8 p.m., protesters began taking down the boards around the confederate monument that stands tall at Linn Park. Protesters with spray paint began writing on the monument.
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M
- US executes 2nd man in a week; lawyers said he had dementia
- Trump replaces campaign manager amid sliding poll numbers
- More snake sightings being reported across central Alabama
- ‘Magic School Bus’ author Joanna Cole dies at age 75