(WFLA) – President Donald Trump has posted a photo of himself wearing a mask for the first time on social media.
President Trump took to Twitter on Monday to encourage people to wear masks, calling coronavirus the “Invisible Chinese Virus,” and said “many people say that it is patriotic to wear a face mask when you can’t socially distance.”
“There is nobody more patriotic than me, your favorite president!” the tweet concluded.
The president first wore a face mask in public during a visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on July 11. The president met with wounded service members and health care providers caring for coronavirus patients.
Last week, First Lady Melania Trump tweeted a photo of herself wearing a face mask to remind the public to stay safe during the pandemic’s summer months.
“Even in the summer months, please remember to wear face coverings & practice social distancing,” the first lady tweeted. “The more precaution we take now can mean a healthier & safer country in the Fall.”
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Greater Gulf State Fair starts Saturday
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room