WASHINGTON (AP) – Who is to blame for the plunge in financial markets? President Donald Trump and his allies are returning to a familiar playbook by blaming others for the growing fears about the coronavirus outbreak. It’s a challenging sell for a president who has lashed his fate tightly to Wall Street. Facing a threat to his political future, the president has moved to a deflection strategy, playing down the threat and assigning responsibility to Democrats, the media and the entrenched government bureaucracy. Some of his closest allies have amplified that message and accused the administration’s enemies of hyping the threat posed by the virus.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- BIKER DAD: Mom has one word for her cancer: ‘Fight’; And bikers are there to fight with her
- Unsettled pattern through midweek
- Biden to reinstate COVID travel rules, add South Africa
- Road warriors: Bucs win 31-26 at Green Bay, reach Super Bowl
- Fire officials investigating Sunday morning sailboat fire on Okaloosa Island