WASHINGTON (AP) – All through downtown Washington, D.C., the primary sound for several blocks is the beeping of forklifts unloading more fencing. The FBI has warned that armed protests by violent Trump supporters are being planned in all 50 state capitals and in the nation’s capital for the days leading up to the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
Between the pandemic and the security threat, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser is flat-out asking people not to come to the city for the inauguration. Much of the most visible security will come in the form of more than 15,000 National Guardsmen from multiple states.
(Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- COVID Vaccinations part of MLK Day of Service hosted by Mobile County Health Department
- First time buyers for Disney World annual passes out of luck
- Seasonal and Sunny MLK Jr. Day; Warming Trend Ahead
- Brady vs Rodgers, possibly Mahomes vs. Allen in title games
- Brady, Bucs, end playoffs for Saints, Brees, 30-20