WASHINGTON (AP) – All through downtown Washington, D.C., the primary sound for several blocks is the beeping of forklifts unloading more fencing. The FBI has warned that armed protests by violent Trump supporters are being planned in all 50 state capitals and in the nation’s capital for the days leading up to the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
Between the pandemic and the security threat, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser is flat-out asking people not to come to the city for the inauguration. Much of the most visible security will come in the form of more than 15,000 National Guardsmen from multiple states.
(Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- What is different this Red Snapper season?
- Cloudy Afternoon, Weather Aware Saturday
- Solar trees planted in Pensacola for Earth Day
- Intruders trespass at Indiana Denny’s in dead of night, cook eggs — twice
- WATCH: OCSO looking for two people in video, possibly connected to shooting death of 15-year-old boy