PENSACOLA, Fla (WKRG) — Mayor Grover Robinson held a press conference Monday to update residents about the coronavirus. The mayor says right now there are no confirmed cases within the community.
He says city facilities are being cleaned frequently and he would like people to stay home if they are sick. The fire and police departments will also have limited tours during the threat. Mayor Robinson says the Parks and Recreation departments have also closed down their programs. Events with more than 50 people have still been postponed.
Mayor Robinson says right now there are no plans to close down bars and restaurants because there’s no community outbreak. Robinson says that could change if we start seeing more cases.
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Small group of protesters gather outside of closed, guarded Texas Capitol on Saturday