PELHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 15-year-old girl has drowned at Oak Mountain State Park Monday evening, according to the Pelham Fire Department.
PFD received a call of a person drowning at the park around 6 p.m. The girl was later found around 7:30 p.m.
Shelby County Coroner Lina Evans confirmed the victim was a 15-year-old girl.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Residents hope to stop landfill expansion in Axis
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- VIDEO: Fight breaks out during Vigor-Anniston semi-final basketball game
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in Empire
- Leaders pitch tech-ready workforce in bid to attract high-paying jobs to border