THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — One North Carolina parent had a terrifyingly close call during a crash Friday morning.
Thomasville police shared photos of the car crash near Winston Street before 9 a.m.
“No injuries but extremely lucky!” police said in the Twitter post.
The parent driving had just dropped off their child at school when they crashed into a utility pole and the pole ended up smashing through one of the backseat windows.
Police closed Salem Street from Winston Street to Lodge Drive.
According to Duke Energy, 241 people are without power in the area.
- The Latest: Klopp welcomes ‘massive lift’ for reunited squad
- Bobby Joe Morrow, 3-time winner in 1956 Olympics, dies at 84
- Trump postpones G7 meeting, seeks expansion of members
- Locals take back tourist-free Waikiki during pandemic
- False claim targets wife of officer charged in Floyd’s death