(WKRN) — Southeastern Grocers, the parent company of grocery store chain Winn-Dixie, has reversed its decision and will require all customers to wear masks starting July 27 in Winn-Dixie stores, The Washington Post reported Monday.
It also came shortly after President Donald Trump called mask-wearing ‘patriotic’ in a tweet, but the company denied it had anything to do with that.
Winn-Dixie has approximately 500 stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Southeastern Grocers also owns the BI-LO, Fresco y Más, and Harvey’s Supermarket chains.
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Mississippi governor signs emergency declaration ahead of Zeta
- Phoenix police officer accused of sending ‘credible threat’ to the mayor
- Good Samaritan saves kitten frozen to truck tire in Colorado
- Boeing makes deeper job cuts as aircraft business slows