Authorities say a pregnant Guatemalan woman arrested on suspicion of crossing the border from Mexico without authorization gave birth a short time later at a Border Patrol station in California.
Officials say the woman and her family were spotted walking Sunday near the Otay Mesa Port of Entry.
The agent who made the arrest noticed the woman was pregnant but said she did not request any medical attention. She went into labor at the Chula Vista station.
She gave birth to a girl and both were taken to a hospital for further care.
- Texas couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin trial enters third week; Matsuyama becomes 1st Japanese Masters winner
- ⚾ WANTED: MLB Food Tester – Get paid $500 to eat hot dogs and watch baseball🌭
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
- Bikers raise money, support veteran with cancer