UPDATE 5/17/2018 12:45PM - The woman's daughter confirms to News 5 that Cheryl Blackmon Ford has been found safe in Destin.
GULF BREEZE, Fla. (WKRG) — A search is underway for a woman from Texas who went missing in Northwest Florida after being released from the hospital.
According to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, 71-year-old Cheryl Blackmon Ford of Port Arthur, Texas was released from Fort Walton Beach Medical Center on March 1.
Ford received treatment after she was hit by a car in Santa Rosa County on February 23.
Ford's family did not know she was missing until this past Saturday, May 12. That's when the family was notified that Ford's truck was found abandoned in Gulf Breeze.
The orange 2016 Toyota Tacoma was discovered in a Winn Dixie parking lot on April 27.
Ford is described as being about 5' 5" tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
Her family says Ford was planning to travel across the state and likes to eat at Waffle House.
Anyone who knows where Ford might be is asked to call the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office at 850-651-7400 or Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers at 850-863-TIPS.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Chinese manufacturer announces construction of Loxley facility
- Loxley set for big economic news
- One dead in Robertsdale trying to cross Highway 59
- Faith Time: Worship as a lifestyle