FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) -- The following is a press release from Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office:
An 18-year old struck in the head by a bullet during a shooting at a Mary Esther car wash November 23rd was at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center again last night, this time for a gunshot wound to his finger. Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the Emergency Room around 6 p.m. Friday in response to a gunshot victim.
The victim, Dion’te Wingate, told them the latest shooting was the result of an accident, “somewhere” off Racetrack Road, but refused to provide any further information. Wingate escaped serious injury in the car wash shooting last week when the bullet struck his scalp but did not enter his skull. He signed a drop charges form against the suspect in that case, however the OCSO filed weapons related charges against 23-year old Tory Banks for discharging a firearm during the commission of a felony and carrying a concealed weapon.
Anyone with information on this latest incident is asked to contact the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office at 850-651-7400 or Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers at 850-863-TIPS, EmeraldCoastCrimeStoppers.com, or by using the P3 Tips Mobile application.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Coast Guard search Panama City Beach for missing teen
- ECSO: Silver Alert issued for missing Florida man
- BREAKING: Two employees injured in Pensacola night club shooting
- Does your dog need a bath?