PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) - A K-9 with the Pensacola Police Department is getting a new look.
K-9 Nashoba is receiving a bullet and stab protective vest donated from a non-profit organization, Vested Interest in K-9s, Inc. The vest, weighing 4-5 Ibs, will have “In memory of K-9 Ty, California City Police Department” embroidered.
"Vested Interest in K-9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) charity located in East Taunton, MA whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States," according to a press release. The company has donated over 3,000 vests in 50 states with the help of donations. A $950.00 donation provides one protective vest for a law enforcement K-9.
Nashoba is expected to get her new vest in 8 to 10 weeks.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Okaloosa county man charged with soliciting sex from a child
- Milton man wounded by shotgun blast during home invasion
- Family: "We are looking for a miracle." Pensacola boaters still missing
- Search continues for three Pensacola boaters