SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) - UPDATE (8:42 PM)- The sheriff's office says the vehicle has been located, but the investigation is on-going.
A 58-year-old woman from Florida suffered serious injuries after being hit by a car that fled the scene Thursday afternoon.
Florida Highway Patrol officials say the accident occurred around 1 p.m. at US Highway 90 and East Spencer Field Road.
The FHP report states a silver Dodge pickup truck, single cab, was driving westbound on Highway 90, passing East Spencer Field Road when it went off the right shoulder and hit Pace resident, Shirley Pitts.
The Dodge pickup came back on the road, crossed the grass median, and crashed into a boat on a trailer being pulled by a GMC pickup, according to the report. The Dodge pickup then fled the scene.
Pitts was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola with serious injuries, according to officials.
The Dodge has front-end damage and front bumper could possibly be hanging off. If you see this truck, please call the Florida Highway Patrol or the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office.
Woman finds burglar hiding in closet
Man with autism missing from Pensacola
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Low voter turnout expected today
- Several heated GOP runoffs in Alabama
- College Student charged after hitting pedestrian
- Big stakes in Baldwin County runoff elections