FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — A chase in Okaloosa County landed four people behind bars, and investigators believe it could be connected to a teen shot twice recently in Fort Walton Beach.
The chase began after deputies tried to pull over a white Grand Marquis early Monday morning in an area near the Bob Sykes Bridge, where someone reported hearing shots fired.
According to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, the driver took off and led deputies on a chase that reached speeds of more than 100 miles per hour. Deputies eventually cornered the suspects at the Eglin Armament Museum after the car stopped under a plane.
27-year-old Jazmaine Shipman, 19-year-old Maleak Bradshaw, 24-year-old Donte Orr, and 22-year-old Sebastian Orr were arrested.
The sheriff's office believes the suspects may have been looking for 18-year old Dion’te Wingate, who was shot twice in recent weeks. Deputies say they were driving in areas where Wingate is known to hang out, possible planning some kind of retaliation.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- UPDATE: 52-year-old man found dead in ditch near Woodland Ave
- Delta Dogs/Ark Animal Clinic collecting pet food for families hit by government shutdown
- Seven Hills Volunteer Fire dispatcher signs off
- Senator Shelby, Congressman Byrne in town amid government shutdown