ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) -
A SWAT team and Escambia County deputies are at a house near Avery and Hollywood in Escambia County where a man has barricaded himself inside.
The suspect was taken into custody around 5 p.m.
Shots could be heard coming from the scene around 4 p.m.
The Escambia County Sheriff's Office said deputies were responding to a trespassing call when a man ran into the home and fired "something" at the deputies. The sheriff's office is unsure what exactly was fired at them. Officials say a ricochet hit one of the deputies.
The sheriff's office identified the suspect as Dale Allen Brown.
The sheriff's office says the deputy hit is okay.
News 5 has a crew on the way. We will continue to update you as more information comes in.
Stolen valor: man charged with fraud
Okaloosa county man charged with solicit
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Okaloosa county man charged with soliciting sex from a child
- Milton man wounded by shotgun blast during home invasion
- Family: "We are looking for a miracle." Pensacola boaters still missing
- Search continues for three Pensacola boaters