STILLWATER, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police report that a 17-year-old has been charged with manslaughter in the death of a 15-month-old.
Troopers were on the scene in Stillwater at around 10:18 p.m. on Saturday. There, they aided Stillwater police in an investigation into reports of an unresponsive infant.
The baby was taken in an ambulance to Saratoga Hospital and pronounced dead.
Police say they have charged a 17-year-old with first-degree manslaughter in connection with the infant’s death.
Police did not release the name of the minor being charged, nor did they describe the teen’s relationship with the baby or circumstances of the incident.
The State Police investigation is ongoing.
- Socially distanced Mardi Gras boat parade set for next month on Fish River
- Mayor of Pocono Borough confirms shots fired, 4 victims at multiple scenes
- Pensacola Opera season opens Wednesday at Saenger with COVID-19 protocols
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions