MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Almost 8,000 people with confirmed COVID-19 are presumed to have recovered according to the Alabama Department of Public Health. That’s compared to about 560 who have died.
According the the department’s coronavirus dashboard, just under 195,000 people have been tested. Fewer than 10 percent of those tested were positive for COVID-19. The number was just over 15,000 confirmed cases as of May 26th. About 73,000 of those tests have been performed in the past 2 weeks.
Although these numbers are positive, the Mobile County Health Department says the most recent week of reporting was the highest number of COVID-19 cases reported in one week
LATEST CORONAVIRUS HEADLINES
- Alabama lawmakers write letter on COVID-19 distribution problems
- With Mobile County hospitals overcapacity, health officials hope to see COVID-19 decline
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- A look at Mississippi’s vaccine distribution and why some out-of-state residents are getting vaccinated there
- More doses coming to mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Daphne