LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WKRG/CBS) - Theme park attendees were ushered away when a dragon float in the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom caught fire Friday afternoon, filling the air with thick black smoke.
Video shows the Steampunk-style dragon -- a representation of Maleficent from “Sleeping Beauty” -- with bright orange flames gushing from near its nape and horns as the float inched past the Hall of Presidents at about 3:18 p.m.
"I think we have a problem, the dragon's literally on fire," a guest says in the video.
Cast members shooed parade attendees away from the malfunctioning float, which continued to lift its head up and down as its head was engulfed in flames.
Within minutes, a Disney employee with a fire extinguisher doused the flames.
Walt Disney World officials said no employees or guests were injured during the incident, which was quickly addressed.
They added that operations remained normal throughout the rest of the park. The cause of the fire that damaged the float is under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Community rallies behind teen severely injured in bus crash
- Crash involving motorcycle on Highway 90
- Woman stabs man then flees the scene
- Bayou Shelter holds fundraiser to restore facility
- 11 rescued from sinking boat near Pensacola
- WATCH: Blue Angels Full Air Show on Saturday
- People pack Pensacola Beach for Blue Angel rehearsal
- Traffic stop turns into wild chase