TEXAS (WCMH/KXAN) - A 25-year-old Texas woman will spend 40 years in prison after she pleaded guilty to trying to sell her 2-year-old child for sex.
Sarah Peters pleaded guilty to sexual performance of a child, attempted human trafficking and promotion of prostitution of a child, according to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, which is north of Houston.
Investigators said Peters contacted a person online and agreed to sell her child for sex. That person turned out to be an undercover officer.
Peters then brought her daughter to Conroe, Texas on the agreed upon date in order to allow a man to engage in sex acts with the toddler for $1,200. She was intercepted at a Greyhound bus station in Montgomery, Texas.
She was sentenced to 40 years on the sexual performance of a child case and to 20 years on the other charges. She won’t be eligible for parole until 2038.
The District Attorney’s Office said, "the events of this case are hard to believe - that a mom would willingly expose her own daughter to this type of danger."
- MPD asks for help to find missing woman in Mobile
- Mobile County's only "year-round" school back in session
- What's Working: Wounded MPD officer finds new career after injury
- MPD: Men used knife in Walgreen's robbery
- Swimming advisory issued for public beach in Fairhope
- Man in jail in Escambia County suspect in Baldwin County robbery
- Fairhope airport gets $3.3 million to expand
- 'Polite' robber thanked clerk after Daphne hotel robbery
- Okaloosa county man charged with soliciting sex from a child
- Milton man wounded by shotgun blast during home invasion
- Family: "We are looking for a miracle." Pensacola boaters still missing
- Search continues for three Pensacola boaters